SUNDAY 22nd july 2018
The #YTF will be held out of the Yarrabilba Sales and Information Centre, on Yarrabilba Drive - map HERE.
Race precinct opens: 6:00am
On-the-day entries: from 6:15am, closing 6:45am sharp
COMPULSORY EVENT BRIEFING
RACE START TIMES
Online entries close at the dates/times outlined at the top of this page, unless sold out prior (maximum 500 participants). On-the-day entries will be available assuming the entry limit has not been reached prior.
Parking will be available in two parking areas near the event staging area. Please DO NOT park on vacant blocks or across footpaths - marked in the nominated areas or in marked bays only.
Race numbers will be available for collection on race day only. Please ensure you have collected your number prior to the time listed in the key information above.
Please refer to the Conditions of Entry HERE.
22.5km - age 13+ on event day
13.5km - age 13+ on event day
5.5km - age 5+ on event day
(ALL runners under the age of 10 MUST be directly accompanied by an adult guardian (18+) for the duration of the run. No exceptions)
CUT OFF TIMES
There are no cutoff times in the Yarrabilba Trail Fest. We strongly recommend that if you wish to walk you enter either the 5.5km or 13.5km events - the 22.5km is not suitable for walking.
We expect that participants of the Yarrabilba Trail Fest events will be mindful of the fact that we are guests of Yarrabilba and the surrounding natural areas, and we particularly note the following:
- Participants found littering or vandalising any section of the course will be disqualified from the event. There are no bins on course - please make sure that anything you take on to the course comes back with you. Rubbish bins will be provided at the event precinct.
- Participants are to remain on the marked courses at all times. Do not trespass on neighbouring properties.
- Participants and spectators must drive to and from the event safely and be considerate of where they park. Do not park or drive on private premises.
- Please be considerate of residents of Yarrabilba and keep noise at a minimum when arriving at and leaving the event.
We have taken considerable care in event planning to ensure that the events are safe and enjoyable. There are a few key points that you need to be aware of:
- All roads within Yarrabilba will be open to traffic on the day of the event.
- Marshals will be placed at key locations along the on-road section at the start/finish of the events, to advise motorists to exercise caution with runners on the road. Please ensure that you listen to and follow marshal directions.
- All roads are usually very quiet, particularly on a Sunday morning, and we expect minimal traffic impact on the event.
Yarrabilba Trail Fest will be quite different to a road running event in that you will be required to keep an eye out for course markings as follows:
- The course will be marked with a combination of pink flagging tape and directional arrows.
- The flagging tape will be placed immediately following a track junction to confirm you are on the correct track. Markings on sections where there are no route options or intersections will be spread out and irregular.
- Unless otherwise marked or directed, participants should follow the most major track at all intersections. If there is no marking at a minor track junction then continue along the major track.
- Runners should keep to the left-most-side of all trails. There may be occasions where other park users are passing you heading in the opposite direction and in these instances the etiquette is the same as that when driving on the road.
- Please follow all course markers, do not deviate from the course, and obey the instructions of the race officials at all times.
All runners in the 22.5km event must have a water bottle or hydration vest with capacity for 500mL of fluids. This must be carried with you for the duration of the run.
RACE REFRESHMENT STATIONS
Water and Tailwind Nutrition will be available in the event precinct at the start/finish of the race.
22.5km & 13.5km: One aid station will be located on course. Water and Tailwind Nutrition will both be available.
There is no aid station on course for the 5.5km.
IMPORTANT: In an effort to minimise our waste impacts there will be NO CUPS AT THE ON-COURSE AID STATION. Runners will need to carry a bottle or hydration pack to fill up at the on-course aid station. Note that this is a mandatory requirement for 22.5km runners.
In the unfortunate situation a participant must withdraw from the event you must inform event staff at the start/finish area.
In the unlikely event of an emergency First Aid will be located at the start/finish area. There will be first aid access on course, however given the nature of the course please be aware that there may be a delay in first aid arriving to assist you.
The event will be timed and official results will be published on the results page at the completion of the event. Please allow 24hrs post-event for results processing.
- Toilets will be available in the race precinct at Yarrabilba. Participants are encouraged to use these toilets before the race, as there will be NO TOILETS ON THE COURSE.
- There will be plentiful car parking available near to the event precinct - please ensure you following the directions of all event marshals and park as and where instructed.
- Note that there will be no left luggage facilities at the event precinct and you are advised to make your own arrangements for storing bags and other items.
- Refreshments will be available for purchase at the event precinct.
- Participants and spectators are encouraged to bring picnic chairs and/or rugs to ensure comfort pre- and post-event.
Those Guys Events have event public liability insurance, but this does not cover you for personal injury. It is strongly recommended obtain appropriate health/income insurance taking in to consideration they are taking part in a sporting event which has potential to result in injury.